75 questions

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: 75 questions
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:07:22 -0500
I have a couple of questions for 75 owners:

1. The oil dip stick for the eng.  Where/how does it go.  I had to pull it
   to mount my xmission oil cooler lines, and can't figure out how to get
   it back in place.  Does it go down between the manifold and the block?
   Do the oil lines go outboard of the dip stick or between the dip stick
   and the pan?

2. Rear springs. Who does the rear shackle of on the rear of the rear spring
   sit?  George Malaska and I were discussing this the other night.  My
   shackles are sitting horizontally.  I went and looked at my friends 74
   and his were verticle.  I don't think there was any changes to the chassis
   mounting points between the 2 years.

3. Also on the rear of the rear springs on a 75.  There is a little mounting
   plate in addition to the mount on the chassis and the shackle.  It is about
   1x3" or so.  Can you see it on your car?  I originally had it mounted on
   top of the chassis mount.  I couldn't figure out what it was for other
   than a reinforcement plate with it sticking out beyond the chassis by about
   1".  Talking to George, he said they go under the chassis mount between
   that and the shackle mount.  I can't find this in the parts manual so, I'm
   not sure how it goes.

I'd appreciate it someone could please give me a call while they are looking
at their car.

TIA

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org