RE: Why fuel injection?

To: jessn@mindspring.com
Subject: RE: Why fuel injection?
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:28:40 EST
Why do so many people with high performance Mustangs--Bricklins too for that
matter--use carburation and not fuel injection?  I have a friend that
recently took a new engine out of a 99 Mustang, gave it away (no help for me
since I have AMCs), and put in a carburated engine.  He said it was better
performance and that "everyone" used carburators.  I don't think cost was an
issue since he just bought a Bricklin and a deTomaso Mangusta in addidtion to
the 4 or 5 Mustangs, Pantera L and Sunbeam Tiger Ford engine cars he already
has.  He is looking for a GT40 if anyone has one or knows of any for sale.

Stock Mustangs aren't the world's quickest, and Bricklins are heavier, but
since people do take engines out to upgrade 5.0 litre Mustangs, that might be
a good source for parts.  Before looking at the junkyard ask around at your
local race track.
There are plenty of upgrades on the market for the Ford electronic ignition.
Since so many people buy them they must be better right? :-)

Bu the way I have always used carburation in my RX7s (mazda FI sucks) and I
never had any problems with fuel smell in them or Bricklins.  Once I got a
choke in the Brick it starts and runs fine in cold weather.

George