Air system dryer/oiler?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Air system dryer/oiler?
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:37:47 EST
Since ol' 1343 came in kit form I have some parts that I'm not sure what they
are or where they go.  One of these is a round metal device about 5" long and
1" in diameter and is silver on the top / black on the bottom.  It has an air
line connected to each side of the top.  There is a clear plastic dome on the
top and a knerled nob on the bottom (that is covered by a red rubber cap).
There is also a 3/8 in. slotted screw cap on each side of the top 90 degrees
from the air line fittings.

Is this some sort of dryer/oiler?   How does it work?  Where does it go in
the system?

Also, regarding the vacuum pump.  Which connection goes to the intake
manifold, the one on the bottom or the one on the side?

Marvin May