Re: Fw: Cooling system

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Cooling system
From: Lbc302@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:54:01 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/99 9:08:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wingracer@email.msn.com writes:

<< It needs a thermostat. I recommend a 160deg for all but winter driving.
When
 you run without a thermostat, the water moves too quickly through the
 radiator for much heat transfer to take place. >>

I pulled the thermostat out of vin1024,I wish not to take the chance of it
having a stuck thermostat,since I only drive it about one season out of  four
seasons,(once every 3 or 4 years)and then maybe a total of 20 days,I see no
reason to run a thermostat,I also remove all the gas from the tank,I do this
by using a remote electric fuel pump,connect it to the line that goes to the
mechanical fuel pump and then let it drain into gas cans,which I then pour
into my everyday driver,I also drain out the carburetor best way to do that
is after the tank is empty,start it up until it burns the gas remaining in
the carburetor.

Lbc302@aol.com
Vin1024/1136