Re: AOL

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AOL
From: marvmay@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:56:07 -0500 (CDT)
On 07/31/99 15:34:33 you wrote:

>John,
>Here are support numbers for AOL:
>  Screenname or Password Problems:  1-888-265-8004
>  General Questions/Problems:  1-888-265-8006
>  Billing:  1-888-265-8003
>  Access Numbers:  1-888-265-8005
>I have not had any trouble connecting to AOL. either through direct dial or
>TCP/IP.  At home since I have Win NT I usually connect to another ISP
>(usually Netcom) first to get a PPP connection and then connect to AOL
>through TCP/IP.  Interestingly, I have had a LOT of trouble connecting to
>Netcom (now owned by Mindspring) since they did some upgrades a couple weeks
>ago.  I can no longer connect through Netcom, and now have to use a
>Mindspring number instead.  Anybody have any problems with Netcom?
>George Curley

George,
I'm getting ready to cancel my Netcom account because of connection problems.
Ever since moving
to Utah (almost 3 years) the best speed I've been able to get is 24K even
though I have a 56K
modem.  Most of the time it's less than that (if I can connect at all). Things
have definitly
gotten worse since Mindspring took over. They've lost e-mail and even one of my
mailboxes.  I
just read in PC Week that Mindspring is having trouble converting the Netcom
servers.  I haven't
had these problems with other providers.
Marvin May