Bricklin for Sale

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Bricklin for Sale
From: Kurt Miller <bgt67@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:09:33 -0500
Fort Worth Texas

For Sale- White 1975 SV-1 (#1509) with only 500 miles….
This is a very regrettable offer on my part !
This car has never be driven, and I’m the first person to take it off
MSO
(Manufactures Statement of Origin) and title it.

I just purchased this Brick in Feb, in hopes of enjoying it after I sell
one
of my British Sports cars.  Unfortunately, I’ve been unable to move
another
restored car, so my wife and I agree that the Brick must also be fair
game
to get back some space in our garage.  Which ever goes first…the Brick
or an MG.

Some of you may recall seeing this 500 mile Brick in the Jan and Feb
Hemmings Motor News.  I’ll try and give you a brief history of the car
and its condition, as I understand some of you have previously called
on the car.

A local Ft Worth gentleman had acquired a 90 car collection over his
lifetime, mostly Indy pace-cars, and a few exotics, which he warehoused
for his own private enjoyment.  None Of these cars were ever driven or
titled for road use.  All were in pristine condition and kept indoors.
A few years ago the man developed a Parkensens-like condition, which
required round the clock care, thus his family had to begin selling his
collection.  In the transition period a few of the cars were parked
outside
for a time and the Bricklin sat in the “Texas weather” for 11 months.
Thus, the Brick although no longer pristine, now requires some minimal
restoration.

Having restored several British cars, believe me this is minor.  I
contacted
Terry Tanner for some ball-park estimates, and here is the necessary
work:

- Original Hydraulics intact and working fine, but could use the
compressor
   upgrade.   (Latches removed)
- Doors have a very light rust around the outside frames, also need
reskinning
  due to minor cracks.  Terry suggests the doors go through his upgrade
  mods which would add the reinforcements, rust inhibiting paint, new
  fiberglass skins, and new weather-stripping.
- T-roof panel has some small cracks and could stand to be replaced as
well
  (now or later).
- Carpet and center console need replacing due to water seepage.

Terry roughly estimates 2-3K on door refurbishment’s and roof treatment.

I estimate another  1K on carpet, console, misc items.

The only other work needed is a good going over, cleaning, replacement
of
all rubber hoses, brakelines, plus cooling system cleaning.  This car
was
indoors all but 11months and the rubber looks and feels very plyable all
over.
Depending on condition of the cooling system rubber, the brakelines and
AC hoses may in fact be OK having been in climate controlled
conditions.  The
original tires still have the nubs, although dry-rot appears between the
treads,
the sidewalls are like brand-new.

- Body buffs incredibly like new, and no other bad places except for
roof and doors
- Seats, pannels, dash, all like new and need a good cleaning.
- Engine compartment is just dusty, and cleans up well…
- Undercarrage is like-new with only some minor surface-rust in
occasional places.
  (Por-15 would really preserve this great frame. Remember this car was
never driven) !!!
- Exhaust system like new
- Wheels just need a good polish to be like new
- Car runs fine, starts quickly, needs carb adjustment but was run
periodically
  over its lifetime.
- Plugs are original and show no wear or fouling

This car is a hobbyists dream do to the relative simple repairs needed
to have a
like-new original Bricklin!!!

I will sell the car for $6800.00 (what I have in it,) but not a
penny-less, so interested
persons need only call please.  I do recommend transporting the vehicle
until proper
mechanical inspections/repair are complete, and all fluids, tires are
replaced.

Regards... Kurt Miller
817-488-6324 (6p-10p CDT)
bgt67@flash.net