Re: Interior Heat/Acrylic Sanding

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, jkelliher@bcop.com
Subject: Re: Interior Heat/Acrylic Sanding
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:25:31 PDT
>If this subject has been touched on, my apologize I'm new to the list.
>have 3 questions
>1) Does any one have a sure fix to prevent heat from roasting the
bottom
>of the driver & passenger seats? After the seats get hot the a/c
doesn't
>have a chance to cool off my backside.

Install that J.C. Whhitney foil heat reflective noise deadening padding
under the carpet.  I have it in mine and even without my ac I didn't
notice heat from there (outside temp around 85), but the next time I
drive when it is hot, I will feel to find out what kind of job it is
doing.  I find more heat seems to migrate from behind the dash,
especially now that I removed the long rubber strip that separated the
engine compartment from the plenums (right under the trailing edge of
the hood).

>2) Has any one tried sanding acrylic on a faded color to uncover the
>original pigment?

I bought the sand paper yesterday and I think I may start this weekend.
I have an orange car and am not looking forward to it.

>3) Has anyone found a comfortable substitute seat that fits?

I removed the little washers so that the seats are lower and it seems
better.  I am 6'1".