I need to hotwire my Bricklin!!!

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: I need to hotwire my Bricklin!!!
From: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:16:55 EDT
This may sound crazy, but I need to hotwire VIN 1758 in case what happened
this morning happens again.

I started the car and started to drive towards the exit of the mobile home
park where I live.  the car almost always dies after i make the first turn
(with the engine stone cold) and begin to accelerate.  Preignition also
appears to be present, so for now I'm guessing its a lean fuel-air mixture or
some other adjustment like the timing.

When the car died this time, the key turned to the start position like always,
but the car did not start.  I had power cause I had live gauages and warning
lights.
I think the rod in the steering column  is not pushing the switch that
activaetes the starter solenoid due to misalignment---they arent lining up.

I have no time for fooling around inside the steering column right now since I
don't have my dad to help me for the time being. He's tied up with his
business.  I need to temporarily find a way to activate the starter solenoid
when I have the key in the ignition so I can get to my $14,000 computer class
that I can't really afford but need desparately.  any ideas?  My car is a 75.
some of you guys have recently been discussing some sort of bypass switch in
the engine compartment?

I am going to eventually (and hopefully soon) pull the steering column and the
dash so I can have air conditioning for a change here in southern California.
The filter/drier is leaking freon, and there's an expansion valve that also
needs replacing.

While i have the dash out of the car, I plan to pull the seats and carpet so
the correct insulation can be applied to the floorpan and behind the dash.
Whatever is causing all that hot air to come through the bottom of the dash on
the extreme left side towards the floor is also on my fix list.  then I'll
have new carpet and seats!

anything I am forgetting that should be done while the dash is out?

Riley Marquis
VIN 1758