Re: Loose fender

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Loose fender
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 21:30:47 -0400
At 06:33 PM 8/11/98 EDT, you wrote:

>My passenger side fender has come loose at the lower edge between the
>door and the wheel. Has is this supposed to be attached - bolted, glued,
>riveted? How do I get at this area to make a repair?

Scott,

  There is supposed to be a fiberglass ear that attaches to the sill plate.
 To access the holding nut, you go into the cockpit.  There are
2 square access plates.  The rearmost one is for the body bolt, the
forward most one is for the rear of the fender.

Most likely the ear had broken.  To fix it you will to pull the fender.
For more information see my article:

      Restoring VIN 887 - Getting Started and Removing the Front Panels
      1994 - Vol.19 #2 pgs 14-16

It is on the web page.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V