Fw: The next wave of bad news

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: The next wave of bad news
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:07:16 -0400
Are these numbers what the car had to pass when new, or are they
more stringent? If so, there's a good chance you may not be able to
meet the current test if it's much stricter (my car can't be made to
pass the new tougher Ga. law). Coughing can be caused by ignition,
carb or a combination of the two. You'll need to accurately set the
dwell, then timing, then idle mixture to achieve correct RPM per the
original (assuming everything's still stock), then adjust the carb
at the test site while it's connected up. if they won't let you do
that, or it's not stock, you'll have to pay a shop to try and bring
it into compliance.

GM