Fw: power steeriong pump

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: power steeriong pump
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 22:18:17 -0400
I don't see much point in using both pumps other than having a
backup in case of failure. When mine was a daily driver, I only
drove 3mi each way to work in stop n' go traffic. If I had to run
some errands close by after work, the doors wouldn't have enough air
left to completely raise the door when I got home. Mine took about
30min driving time in this type of traffic to recharge the tank, so
for me I needed ~15min or more of run time per door usage depending
on whether one or both doors were being used. If you spend a lot of
time in creeping/stopped traffic or steady state freeway driving,
then charge times are faster. Mine doesn't have a needle valve and
will leak down in about four days from the door cylinders.

GM