My Bricklins

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: My Bricklins
From: tbenvie@bu.edu (thomas m. benvie)
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 20:27:15 -0400
I have owned 3 Bricklins in the past.  The first was #323, a Suntan
automatic car that still had the hydraulic doors and low miles when I sold
it in 1992 or so.  Also had some remains of the door latch stud coming from
the middle of the door jamb.  According to the door tag, it was built on
Nov 15, 1974. (Odd that it is a 74, as other companies started to make 75s
around August.  Does this mean the approx 400 other 74 cars were made in
the next one and a half months?  When did 75 production begin?)  I have no
idea where this car is now.

The second car was #889, a white 75 with air doors made Mar 13, 1975.  this
was totally destroyed in a fire, and is now in Moores Garage, Rte 140,
Bellingham, Mass.  He has a number of older cars in his junkyard.  This is
really nothing more than a chassis, though the drivetrain is still in the
car. The door shells are gone.  He is asking $500 for the remains.

The third car is #1586, a white car with air doors. I was in a minor
accident in this car, but it caught the body panels just right and ripped
off the fender, hood, door, and part of the quarter panel.  It could all
have been easily repaired, but the insurance company insisted on totally
it, paid me off, then sold the car at auction to a body shop in Tewksbury,
Mass. That is the last I knew of it, about 1993.

I have the door tags to the first 2 cars, though I don't remember why I
have #323.  Mail me your address and I will send them to you as the club
could use them more than I.  Hopefully #323 will turn up and can get the
tag back.