Some answers...

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Some answers...
From: tbenvie@bu.edu (thomas m. benvie)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 22:33:42 -0400
>One night I had an encounter with an AMX (a mid engined Pantera clone
>>prototype, not the musclecar) owner

This would be the AMX 3, one of 6 made for AMC in Italy.  One is still in
Italy, one is in a museum in San Diego in honor of the designer Dick
Teague, one is in the Prima Collection, a museum in Alabama, one is in the
Gilmore museum in Michigan, and two are privately owned, one in Indiana or
illinois, the other in Wisconsin.  Where did you see one?  The windshields
are not the same-they were hand made-the car in Michigan is missing the
windshield, and every type, including Bricklin, was researched with no
luck.  To see a picture of the car, go to
http://www.archive.vintageweb.net/american/amx3.jpg

I found the door data tags from 2 of my Bricklins.  I mentioned one was
burned and is still in the junkyard in Bellingham, Mass.  Not much escaped
the fire.  It was a white car #889.  Also owned #323, a tan one (323 is my
birthday-March 23-so I had to buy it).  Don't know where it is now, and
couldn't locate it through our DMV, but I have the door data plate.  Does
the club have an archive for stuff?  i will gladly send them in as they are
of no use to me (and maybe #323 will turn up!)

I looked up the 74 Gremlin gas tank in my AMC parts book and found it
matched with 73, 74, and early 75 Gremlin.  (tank size changed from 16 to
22 gallons in 75.  Didn't change anything on the Gremlin to make way for
the bigger tank, so maybe the 75-76 Gremlin tanks will fit the Bricklin).
The tank also fits a late 72 and a 73 Hornet (early 72s used a one piece
filler tube, soldered to the tank-same as early Gremlins). The sending
units only fit the above tanks, as Javelins are not the same.  However,
there are some AMC people that rebuild them.

If anyone needs any AMC parts for their cars, I will post it on the AMC
list for you.  Someone was looking for a 74 carb, and someone had a
manifold for sale, and I just posted them for you.  Can post if you
want-there are over 800 people on the AMC list
(http://www.amxfiles.com/archive/)(and we are all laughing at the Chrysler
people worried about the Mercedes takeover because they weren't concerned
when Chrysler took over AMC and eliminated all signs of the company in less
than 2 years)

There are also a number of people who deal in obsolete AMC parts.