Hand Brake

To: "Bricklin (E-mail)" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hand Brake
From: "Olson, Scott" <scottolson@cascon.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 16:07:25 -0500
Ok,

        #466 did not have a hand brake, so I bought a replacement one
from terry.  (I also got the blue rubber thingie that is supposed to be
awesome and costs more than the handbrake itself.)  I am in the process
of removing the carpet and I realize that I am missing the part that
connects the hole on the end of the handbrake to the wire holder that
travels to the rear of the car.  In my estimation it should be a 2-4"
wire or rod with a hook on both ends.  What is this?  Does anyone have a
spare?  Has anyone made a new one?

Second,  It looks like the bolt holes for the handbrake (the two on the
left side) are plugged up.  Is it bpossible that the bolts were sheared?
If I need to drill out these holes what method is recommended?  And how
was the handbrake attached to the car.  Two bolts witha  threaded hole?
Two bolts with nuts on the underside of  the car?  I think I need those
nuts/bolts too.

In summary
1) I need to find out what part is missing for connecting the e-brake
cables to the e-brake
2) I need to find out how the handbrake was attached to the car.
3) I needsome small e-brake parts

Any help out there?

Thanks

-scott #466