Two options for 2755 -- head gasket?

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Two options for 2755 -- head gasket?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:14:33 PDT
I am swaying back and forth on this car.  It looks like it has a blown
head gasket, but I am not through with the diagnosis yet.  Nonetheless,
I am considering getting an estimate of its value and giving it to one
of those charities where I can get the deduction.  I could likely
recovery most of what I have invested in the car.

On the other hand, if I do that I would not be surprised if the car ends
up lost forever.  An alternative, and one that I can do but am not
looking forward to, is to replace the head gasket(s) and sell the car --
or sell the car as is.  Has anyone done the gasket job on a 351 and just
how long and hard of a job was it (sorry, I just felt like whining).
Any ideas of which path I should take?

The car is generally okay, needing the air doors hooked up (this would
be no problem as everything seems to be working, including the electric
compressor) and a new driver's seat cover and interior door panel.  Most
of the car seems fine and fixable if someone has the time and
inclination.  I have kind of resigned myself to working on the 74 4
speed that I have.  Let me know your thoughts.  Kim