Re: Is front end "Mustang" like? Also, window glue q.

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is front end "Mustang" like? Also, window glue q.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:58:42 -0500

Greg wrote:

>Yes, it is Mustang like, in that they both use a spring tower design.
>Whether or not any parts are interchangeable, I don't know.

I can tell you from experience while the Brick is Mustang like NONE of
the parts are interchangable.  The fellow across the street had a friend
with a Mustang.  We replaced his front end and commented about how close
the looked.  I took the old parts and compared them to the Bricks:

   a. Coil upper cushion     - the Mustang's is a lot smaller
   b. The coil spring        -           "
   c. Lower coil/shock mount -           "

The only part that usable is the shock, I beleive.

>The glass is held in with 3M Windo-Weld ribbon sealer #08612 or equal.

George thanks for the info. I'll add it to the parts info.  You've been
holding out on us.  What other goodies do you have for us?

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
71 Saab Sonnett III     75 Bricklin SV1     77 Spitfire