RE:

To: Pugsracer@aol.com, cdemato@orion.it.luc.edu
Subject: RE:
From: "GREGORY MONFORT" <WINGRACER@classic.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 97 18:58:13 UT
Interesting, and I thought the '75 was faster than the '74 in acceleration. We
had a number of Vettes at work including two 75's, but my '75 couldn't outrun
any of them until I swapped the manifold and carb. Why did you have to back
off near redline?

GM

As my father was a chevy dealer and Bricklin dealer i can share a personal
experience about racing my younger brother at a traffic lite. He was in a
stock 75 auto corvette and i was in a 74 4 speed Brick (now mine #756 ) . of
course we each a friend with us. I had him off the line and for a fair
distance but as the RPM's kept climbing closer to the redline i had to back
off and he passed me.

For us the Brick was quicker but didn't seem to have the top end that the
Vette had.
Pugs.