Re: 2 copies of each posting

To: "Fedeli, Joe" <paa5072@exmail.dpsc.dla.mil>
Subject: Re: 2 copies of each posting
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:47:55 -0400
At 09:58 AM 7/11/97 -0400, Fedeli, Joe wrote:
>To who ever is the list holder,
>
>       About 2 weeks ago, I had some computer problems on sending/receiving
>e-mail from the Bricklin list.  My office has now corrected the software
>problem, however, has apparently caused an additional problem that I now
>receive 2 postings for each entry others send to the list.  I do not
>know who to contact on the list to delete the second entry of the
>Bricklin listings.  NOTE: I still want to remain on the Bricklin list,
>but do not need 2 postings of every listing.  Please let me know what I
>need to do to resolve this problem.  I was told that someone in our
>computer department may have entered my e-mail address to be added to
>the list a second time.  I do not understand enough about to computers
>to solo a corrective action without some guidance.  Any assistance is
>greatly appreciated!!

Joe,

  I just checked, and yes you are indeed on the list 2 times.  Here's what
you need to do:

  1. Send a email to:  majordomo@autox.team.net
     text:   unsubscribe bricklin
             end

  2. You can try to send a message to: majordomo@autox.team.net
     subject & text:   who bricklin
                       end
    (I don't think you have to be a member to get a listing.)  Wait
    a minute or so and check for new mail.  You should get a listing
    of how belongs to the mailing list.  Now you can check for your
    email address.

    Note:  Your return address for this message is:
paa5072@exmail.dpsc.dla.mil    ( which is on the list 2 times)

           However your sig file says you address is:
              jfedeli@dpsc.dla.mil

     I didn't check the list for this address.

  3. Email a test message to the mailing list.  You should only get one
     copy of the test message back.  If you don't get any, you need
     to resubscribe by sending email to:  majordomo@autox.team.net
     with text: subscribe bricklin

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire