Re: BI Club & the Web page

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>,
Subject: Re: BI Club & the Web page
From: Dave Cairns <dexin@idirect.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 21:39:20 -0500
John T. Blair wrote:

> Please take the time to read this post and respond.  The future of the
> Web page is in question.
>
> I received a phone call over the weekend from a very prominent member of
> the club.  (He isn't really into computers and hasn't seen what we have
> or what we are doing.)  He said, "he'd received some phone calls about
> the information that we have on the net and was a little concerned."
>
> The thrust of the conversation was; were we going to GIVE too much
> information away, and that we shouldn't put all the information on-line.
> For example, the parts cross-ref. list.  It was suggested that we only
> put up a couple of lines to give an indication of what is available if
> you join the club.
>
> The support of the Web page WILL be a topic of discussion at the Eastern
> National Meeting in Ohio in July.  I'd like to have a little amunition
> in support of our projects (both the Web page and the mailing list) when I
> go there.  What I'm wondering is:
>
>   1. How many of you have joined the club because of the Web page?
>   2. How many of you will let your membership laps because of the Web page?
>   3. What do you want to see on the Web page?
>   4. What do you want from the club - what would make you join?
>
> It's my belief that the Web page and mailing list will bring members to
> the club and if we can show that, we may get more support for the Web
> page from the Club.
>
> I'd appreciate a short post from each of you, as to whether you have
> joined the club or are dropping the club because of the Web page.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> John
>
> John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com
> Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229
>
> 48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget  65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
>      75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

Well I can see the point of not having a parts cross-ref. List on the
web page, but I think if you own a Bricklin you would want to be a part
of the club. The only reason I have not joined is because I do not own a
bricklin yet.. (Soon my friends.. Soon..) But I can't see just because
it is on the web page they would not join the club. Also The parts
cross-ref is really intresting for people who are just "surfing the web"
and have heard about the Bricklin. They might find it informitive to see
what the car was put together with.. Or something along that line.. Well
Take care.. :)
--
      /\  /\   / (___,,,}_--=         Dave Cairns                     )
     ) /^\) ^\/ _)        =__         Georgetown Ontario Canada        )
     )   /^\/   _)          (_        dexin@idirect.com                )
 /\  )/\/ ||  | )_)            (_     dcairns@bigfoot.com             )
<  >      |(,,) )__)             (    http://dexin.home.ml.org       )