Re: Chicago Boxes (was: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chicago Boxes (was: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8)
From: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
Heck if I know what a Chicago Box is, but its
existence at Nationals in 19*3 was a pivotal
cornerstone in my life. It was a Chicago Box that gave
a certain narrow and nimble Lotus 7 a distinct
advantage over other vehicles in its class, giving its
driver a huge lead of .2 seconds. I remember checking
the results to find out the truth, because, as the
legend grew more detailed over the years, so did the
difference in time, which had grown to 5.7 seconds. It
is probably even larger now. You can perhaps imagine
my disappointment when I discovered that it was,
actually, a close race. Yet, the outcome was the
"perception" that this car truly belonged in A
Modified, and certainly my life was hell ever since,
you just don't understand. I never got ballet lessons
and my parents stopped putting my art on the
refrigerator. Instead, we would now be fighters
against this oppressive system, carrying a torch in
the name of truth, justice and reasonable minimum
weights (which have also decreased over the years,
ironically). Did we ever talk about school at dinner
time? No, but I can tell you the power-to-weight ratio
of a 1275 Spridget. This is why I do not like the
Chicago Box, even though I don't know what it is. You
stole my childhood. Damn you. Damn you Chicago Box.

-Katie Kelly