Re: Chicago Boxes (was: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8)

To: MWood24020@aol.com
Subject: Re: Chicago Boxes (was: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8)
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:57:05 -0700
On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:36:04AM -0400, MWood24020@aol.com wrote:
> I also agree with Dan that optional slaloms would be an interesting element
> to throw into the mix...

Teh problem with optional slaloms is that the correct sense of the
slalom will be obvious to the veterans, while others will waste one or
two runs figuring it out (at least until they get to watch the
veterans).  And to a rank novice, a slalom without pointers looks a
lot like a wall.  We've been getting enough DNFs as it is, with fully
marked slaloms.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94