Re: Chicago Boxes (was: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8)

To: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>, mwood24020@aol.com, viettamluu@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Chicago Boxes (was: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8)
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:03:07 -0700
I've been reading some of the posts and get sort of rattled by references to
more 'technical' courses. Now that I'm driving one of the more lumbering
cars at the event, i.e., not a lot of power, but still quite wide, I notice
tightness with a little more dread than I did in the 7. :) BTW, I'm running
on 400+ treadwear. They at least last longer than Hoosiers. :)
On the question at hand, the back lane change section. I had to stabalize
the car by tapping the brakes on entry to the first (right) change, than
power, such as it is, on through the left lane change. The slalom before the
U-turn I felt, though I didn't pace off the cones like i usually do, felt
like the last cone was tighter than the 1st two. However, it was always a
pleasant surprise that I made it through that and the U before heading back
up. "Now, how did I do that?" I thought. :)
I think I could have used more bravery after leaving the lane change
section, but didn't have the guts to do it like i felt it should have been
done. Perhaps I was worried about carrying too much speed into the 3-cone
slalom in the back of my mind.
Fun course, Charlie.
--Pat K