RE: Been "Hoosiered" lately?

To: "Thana, Peter {HTS~Palo Alto}" <peter.thana@ROCHE.COM>,
Subject: RE: Been "Hoosiered" lately?
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:45:58 -0700
At 06:28 PM 4/27/2004, Thana, Peter {HTS~Palo Alto} wrote:

>Jim, this is a really good point.  I'm positive it's not to do with
>Hoosier directly, but rather the Hoosier West distributor.

I remember dealing with Hoosier Tom at Nationals in Topeka - he seemed much
more service oriented, very much like the Kumho guys down at the San Diego
tour.  So, I think it's like anything else - not the fault of the company,
but the fault of the people providing the support at the event.  Maybe if
we had another of their West Coast event support trucks there, like Roger
Kraus, it may have been different.  Another thing to consider - looking at
the event support schedule that's listed on the Hoosier web site, the only
service agent listed for Solo II events is Hoosier Tom of Mid-Atlantic
Motorsports.  The rest of the guys do nothing but trackside support.  So,
maybe they didn't understand anything about what was going on, or maybe
it's that old "real" racing vs. mucking around in a parking lot thing.  Or
maybe they sat around all day long and didn't do enough business to justify
their being there all weekend.  But, you're right.  Neither of these really
justify poor service....

Jim