Re: rules question

To: PAUL TIBBALS <pault151@comcast.net>, autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rules question
From: "Paul Soals \(#51 AS\)" <ibisbike@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:36:15 -0800 (PST)
By the Letter of the Law the car is legal for STX.
Technically it's based on the G35 sedan just like half
of Nissan's current models.

That being said, I really think it belongs on the
exclusion list, since it's a B-stock car, and the only
other real BS car I think of that is similar is the
E-36 M3 (though that has less power than the G35, and
does come with a torsen Diff). and that car is
specifically excluded from the list.

Where does the RX-8 fall in the STX world?

But I don't pretend to know or understand all the
rules, I just like to play with cars.  :)

Paul Soals
Former Street Touring guy...

--- PAUL TIBBALS <pault151@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'd appreciate any comments that rules readers could
> give to the following
> question:
> An Infiniti G35 coupe, according to what I've read,
> is largely similar to the
> 350Z.  Do you think that it is described by the
> following exclusionary phrase?
> (quoting from last year's ST rules, 'cause my 2004
> copy is out in the garage)
>
>      "A sports car based vehicle would include those
> that are 2+2 variants of
> 2 seat sports cars."
>
> If you read Nissan & Infiniti literature it does say
> that they are based on
> the same _platform_.  I welcome your comments.  I
> reserve the right to adopt
> any sound arguments as my own (of course I'll give
> proper credit :-)
>
> PaulT

=====
2004 Honda S2000 #51 AS SFRSCCA

2000 Civic Si (stolen by some low life bastards)