Re: Tour Tips?

To: "Paul S \(#51 STS\)" <ibisbike@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tour Tips?
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:32:07 -0700
You'll need to show a rulebook at registration, so be sure to throw yours
in the car.

Extra magnetic material is always a good thing, along with a pair of
scissors.  I believe there are 6 mandatory stickers - 2 SCCA Solo2 stickers
(one on each side), 2 National Tour stickers (one on each side), 1 SCCA
sticker on the nose, and a TireRack windshield banner.  The three SCCA
stickers cost a dollar each, and should be available either at Tech or
Registration.  The other two stickers and the windshield banner are free,
and should be available at Tech.  If you're interested in contingency
money, you will need to run the appropriate stickers for that, like tire
company stickers, Mazda competition, etc.  A small squeegee or a credit
card to use to apply the stickers is helpful, too.

Money for practice runs is a good idea.  The practice runs are also a good
opportunity to do some last minute car tweaking - you should probably bring
whatever tools you need, too.  Money for food, and bring more money so you
can take Saturday's class leader out bar-hopping, so he has to run on
Sunday with a hangover... :-)

Looking at the weather forecast, it looks like you should probably throw
your rain gear in the car.  Naturally, you should bring stuff to protect
the stuff you take out of your car from the rain, too.  Rather than pack up
everything Saturday evening, just to have to unpack again on Sunday, most
people just leave their stuff in the paddock overnight - you might want to
bring boxes or bags to keep your stuff corralled.

That's all I can think of right now...

Jim