Marina Thanks

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, Matthew Rehrer <mrehrer@rehrer.com>
Subject: Marina Thanks
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:42:00 -0400

Message text written by Matthew Rehrer

"
What a wonderful experience.  As a first time event
co-chair I was blown away by how pleasant it was to
contribute in this roll. "

You're welcome. Hope, you can do it again.

And it's really nice to hear about the positives at Marina with no mention
of Nick, the man with no common sense. <G>
        (The Nick stories were their usual wonderful stuff. <G>)  I like
the one where he bought some doughnuts for the guys he abused early in the
morning. I think these were the folks who casually removed the already open
lock at slightly before 7 a.m. and got in to get on with the program.)

        Next time there I hope a sweeper service can be hired. They should
sweep the sand off the course and ESPECIALLY sweep the gravel off the grid
areas. Even Topeka's grid gravel isn't quite that heavy.
And if we're going to run with the go-karts again, notifying us the Snax
5th Ave. food coach is on the premises would be wonderful. Unfortunately
they demand a crowd of 300 or more or they won't come and that's why they
wouldn't come to our Laguna Seca events.

        Had I known Snax 5th Ave. was on the premises I wouldn't have
stopped at Jack in the Box on the way in. BTW their Jumbo Jack burgers at
99 cents are a real bargain. $2.12 bought lunch for two.

PS: The results lady tells me we had a total field of 189. By my
calculations that puts the rent at just under what we pay GGF where usually
we pull in over 250 entrants.

--John Kelly