Marina Grid Start/Finish

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Marina Grid Start/Finish
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:19:46 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com

"Does anyone know if it is allowable or practical to Grid on the East side
of the pad, and have Start/finish lines on that side (as the NASA school
did several years ago)?

Charlie"

The rules at Marina are often changed from moment to moment.
At present we are gridding on the East side of the concrete pad. When you
look at the Hiller Bldg you are looking West and if you stood real tall you
would see the Pacific Ocean/Monterey Bay to the West. At least that's how I
see it.

        I think you're inquiring about putting the grid on the North side.
That should be no problem except, as Peter Thana points out, we MUST stay
off the taxiway which is why we used the entrance on the South side when we
were there last.

        I think we could gain some more useful space by staying where we
are and backing the motorhome on to the asphalt. Or, go to the edge, the
NorthEast edge.

        I'm sure your creative mind wants to do something different and
that's fine with me.

        Pitting is allowing on the North side and the East Side. The fence
to the South must remain empty. Also, the fence on the SouthEast corner
must remain clear.
I hope that makes sense.

        Also, we MUST supply two (2) people at the gate for signing in.

        With us being allowed to enter the way we did this last time I see
it as a major improvement over the sand dune entrance.
        All of the above is the price to be paid to use the Marina site. I
hope everyone enjoys its use as it does take many, many phone cals to
assure it is going to happen.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly