Re: UCD Formula SAE

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: UCD Formula SAE
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
Actually Ian and I have been talking on and off for
the last year or so. I was a FSAE team captain at
Michigan State when I was in graduate school. I also
volunteered  to work at the event for a couple of
years before moving here.

The scoring of the event is heavily weighted toward
the actual driving events so cars have to work well to
be in the running for any awards.

The presentation events are there to force students to
at least try to understand what they are doing. The
fact the Ian and company got questions suitable for a
Jean Todd interview is actually a compliment. The
judges must of seen good design work and heard real
intelligence in their presentations and answers. I
know for a fact that won' spend more than 5 minutes if
they think the car is junk or the team is clueless.

The silly thing is I studied Human Resource
Management. The 28th place finish my team got wasn't
because there was a technical genius in charge. (I
only take credit for good recruiting and fund
raising.)

I learned so much working on that project. I wish I
could do another one. It was the most fun I ever had
with my clothes on.

Are there any other FSAE alumni on ba-autox?

Alan

=== message truncated ===
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com