Re: UCD Formula SAE

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: UCD Formula SAE
From: iagreen@ucdavis.edu
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
First, sorry to forward responses to entire list, just I've been answering
the same questions to alot of people so since most are interested in the
same things I'll just reply to all questions to the same list.

And don't worry about being a pest. I love the questions and people having
interest in the team.

I was team captian last year and will most likely be a co-captian next
year as I will be around for another half a year. I'm just a senior not
anything special. We really don't have an advisor (most teams have a
professor who works closely with the team and many have industry
professionals from tilton, ford, etc to help them out) so the car is
entirely designed by students.

The project is entirely voluntary so the students don't even get credit
for their efforts.

I have not participated in a solar car challenge but me and a few of my
team mates did help UC Davis win the Future Truck Challenge last year
which is a Hybrid Vehicle Competition.

Ian

> I'm not going to ask what the judges thought was wrong; I'm afraid you
might
> give me an answer I wouldn't understand. I don't speak engineering. :)
But