RE: Nat Tour @ Castle

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Nat Tour @ Castle
From: jeff@Winchell.Com
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 13:19:30 -0700 (PDT)
I enjoyed it too. Special thanks to Andy McKee and everyone else who helped the
long
distance travelers find places for their cars/trailers. It makes a huge
difference for us.

We stayed at the less populous Holiday Inn Express in Merced. Nice place, good
breakfast
(and cookies Friday evening<s>). Still heard too many trains... OTOH, with my
exhaust I
shouldn't complain too loudly.<s>

I spent too much time after Saturday's runs and missed most (but not all) of
the excellent
food. I look forward to this weekend finding some time to look at the huge
collection of
airplanes at the Museum ... a definite rival for the Boeing Museum up here.

Hope to see you again this weekend as the Mongol hoard from the NWR will be
back again
trying to steal your trophies<s>.

Will there be another raffle? Any chance you can get Scotty B to donate his
rig?<s>

Oh... one suggestion....

I love the T-Shirts from the ProSolos and National Tours. I missed not being
able to buy
one from this past weekend. There are places on the net and locally that will
do these
very quickly. You could get some images from the Castle Air Museum... or
perhaps just draw
up some jets buzzing the course... that should be pretty realistic given the
ones we saw
this past weekend.... or was that Scotty B?<s>