Re: distance to events

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, "Dennis Hale"
Subject: Re: distance to events
From: "Stacey" <swilbur@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:42:39 -0800

Katie,

I am not sure, but I think at least part of what he was implying is that
over there (Oakland and San Jose and all parts around) is considered
"The City" to us "country boys".  Everything is busy and cramped, or so
it seems.  We enjoy the space and country and hills and nature as oppose
to the concrete jungle, that is why we live over here.  It is a bit harder
for us to go over there on a weekend, especially if we have to go
 over there Monday to Friday for work.

I do not think that he was commenting on the quality or friendliness of the
people
that run in autox over there. But then I do not know Dennis very well, I only
asked him
a question once about having my son ride with me but he seemed nice enough.

His full quote below does not slam the people, just the supposed "benefits"
of living in "civilization" in the city.

> There are very good reasons for not going
> to the place, but distance is not one of them. Living
> here on the west side of the country often means
> getting up well before 6AM to travel east for the
> "benefits", but it's worth it to away from "civilization".

Anyway, I am hoping for no rain on 3/3 and a chance to meet some of you,

-Stacey