Re: distance to events

To: "Dennis Hale" <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: distance to events
From: "Stacey" <swilbur@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:03:48 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Hale" <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
To: <swilbur@sprynet.com>
Cc: "ba autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 7:51 PM
Subject: distance to events

cut...

> Well, you gotta do more homework than just listening
> to the experts here on the free net. Oakland is the
> same distance for us hillbillies as Marina. Just one
> less hill to climb but since you don't tow, that ain't
> a big deal. There are very good reasons for not going
> to the place, but distance is not one of them. Living
> here on the west side of the country often means
> getting up well before 6AM to travel east for the
> "benefits", but it's worth it to away from "civilization".
>
> =====
> Dennis Hale

Dennis,  you got that right!
I work over the hill in Cupertino but live in the hills
cause I just could not bring myself from Texas in '92
and live in the cramped quarters of the "civilization"
around San Jose.   The only drawback so far is
the occasional 60 to 90 inches of rain and wondering if the
hill will slide behind the house and trying to slide under
the random redwood trees on route 9 or Bear Creek Rd
once in a while.  But I much prefer it over here.
Plus it is great for Harley riding.

-Stacey