Re: SUV explosion - in numbers

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: Re: SUV explosion - in numbers
From: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:28:15 -0800
how revealing!

i rode in an SUV a couple of weekends ago with a two friends and their two 2
year old sons on a trip to napa.  the driver, and owner, of the SUV kept up
a constant dialogue during the whole trip about how that "f**king driver
just pulled out in front of me, doesnt he know how to drive", while the
whole time doing EXACTLY the same thing to other people, and being
completely oblivious to it.  he would curse anyone that passed him, or drove
too close.  he said "i dont like to go around anyone on the freeway", but
would wait, cursing, a stream of dirty words behind anyone in front of him.
once a car passed on the right which spurred another stream of complaints.
it was clear to me he was simultaneously afraid and angered by the cars
around him.

unlike katie, i did not include myself in these digressions.  i let my mind
float free, watching as if from a distance; unable to believe i was part of
this awful display.

outside of the SUV, the driver was just another bumbling lawyer dude.  maybe
it really IS the SUVs that makes them drive that way!

-james c
OSP - Often Steering Plenty