RE: [Fwd: Neck brace]

To: Navid Kahangi <navid@interwoven.com>
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Neck brace]
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:13:51 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Navid Kahangi wrote:

> Joey,
>
> This is not a brutal list at all.  In fact, people on this list are pretty
> friendly.  You are just not familiar enough with their unusual sense of
> humor yet.  Kevin used to drive a C5 Vette and F-body cars up here for
> years.  Now, he is older and wiser and knows better :).  OK, I reached a
> little on the "wiser" part.
>
> Don't go away!  Just read the posts with the same smart-ass tone they were
> written in.
>
> --Navid

Ok, let me address this directly.

Joey -  You got a wiseass comment from me because a) I'm like that
anyway, and b) you pissed me off.

Why I'm like that I don't know.

Why you pissed me off is this:  You posted a poorly-defined question that
APPEARED to ask about the usefulness of neck braces for stabilizing your
head in an autocross context.

After getting me and others to spend quite a bit of time and energy trying
to provide helpful suggestions, you posted another message.  This second
message contained additional information about road and drag racing, along
with the FIRST HINT that you were concerned about safety issues in those
sports, not driving control in autocross.  At the same time you criticized
the earlier responses for not being qualified to address the medical
issues.  Basically, you wasted my time by not asking an accurate question,
and then complained about the answer not being helpful.  I don't
appreciate having my chain jerked like that, particularly when I'm
actually trying to be helpful.  You turned the discussion into a joke, so
I started joking with it.

I'm posting this publicly because you complained publicly about my
response.  Take it, leave it, do whatever you want with it.  My suggestion
would be to put more thought and information into your questions if you
want them to be taken seriously.

KeS