What's the Solo II rules on tire-warmers, and how are they

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: What's the Solo II rules on tire-warmers, and how are they
From: Joe <joe@bea.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 12:56:56 -0800
What's the Solo II rules on tire-warmers, and how are they defined?

(Wasn't that asked in a weaselly lawyerly-like way? ;-) )

My problem is I can't get autocross-compound tires for my front wheels
so I run road-race hoosiers in front. Last year, it meant my first run was
always wasted. This year my run group was so big that I had a long-enough
wait between runs that the fronts cooled down each time.
   I *would* consider using battery-powered warmers, but I expect they're
banned. However, as a feeble survival technique, I might consider just
wrapping the fronts in a towel or something, after the first run, just to
conserve
what heat they came by honestly. Would this run afoul of the rules?

thanks,
Joe Weinstein

PS: My all-wheel-drive car requires that the running diameter of the fronts
and backs be equal. Hoosier is the only competitive source of DOT 18" tires,
and they have two sets that would give the proper diameters, but they
only make the rears in autocross compound for one diameter, and only make
the fronts in autocross for the other diameter. I have tried begging them to
make
a full set... :-) If I find no other solution, I may try autocrossers in the
front, and
road-racers in the rear next time.