Re: Autox vs. Anything

To: kkelly@spss.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autox vs. Anything
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:58:44 +0100
>I thought autocrossing was really expensive relative to other activities,
>so rather than buy a new car, I bought a new bike, thinking boy am I being
>practical and frugal.
>
>Then I entered three triathlons and one open water swim (from Alcatraz).
>Total cost, in entries alone: 415 bucks.
>
>This is what happens when you balance a checkbook and you can see where
>your money goes. Don't do it.

Katie,

If a triathalon event can be loosely compared to an autocross, you might
want to look into a criterium, which would be like a road race. It's more
like running with a swarm of bees, though.

Entry fees are generally $35 a race, which lasts 30-50 minutes, and $5 less
if you are licensed and afiliated with a club. The good news is that if you
can finish in the top 7 or so, you will at least get your money back.

You'll have to unbolt those silly triathalon bars, though.

Regards,

Rob