octane boost

To: "Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: octane boost
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:56:05 -0700
Hi everyone,

Based on the thread a little while back regarding 91 octane gas, I'm wanting to
ensure that I'm getting every last erg of output from my not-so-large high
revving V8 engine. So I'm wondering what are the options for getting real
American true blue 92 octane or higher gasoline.

Option 1: go to that gas station somewhere in the south bay (forgot where it
is) that supposedly sells 100 octane gas.

Option 2: use a fuel additive to increase the octane of the gas in the tank.

Regarding option 1, just where is that gas station and what is the octane of
the gas it's selling?

Regarding option 2, are there any products out there that actually do raise the
octane of the gas without causing side effects or damaging the engine?

Are there other options?

I tried searching the web and found a few links like this:
http://www.goldeagle.com/cartips/octimpr1.htm but can't really tell if these
are "real".

Thanks,

Michael R. Clements
mrclem@telocity.com
Some find truth in beauty, others find beauty in truth.