RE: Track Usage of Rental Cars

To: "'Pat Kelly'" <lollipop487@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Track Usage of Rental Cars
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:58:20 -0700
>That bit about the big Caddies...do those cars handle at all? I rode
>with some friends in one up in Seattle this summer. It must have been the
>owner's driving, but I was going crazy...nice engine, though. :) Anyway, he
>made the car feel like uncontrollable barge.

Well, they go fairly fast in a straight line, do some great FWD burnouts if
you turn off traction control and hold the parking brake, and even have
decent brakes......

But nope, they don't handle well at all :^).    Even pumping the tires up to
some insanely high pressures (50+ PSI), you're basically driving on
sidewalls if you go into a corner even remotely hot.

Ed