CART to CBS/Speedvision/Fox

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Subject: CART to CBS/Speedvision/Fox
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:30:14 -0400

Message text written by craig boyle

""We do not know at this time what the overall
financial effect of this arrangement will be because
it is, in part, dependent upon advertising revenues,
said Thomas Carter, CART chief financial officer. "

While I think it's interesting about CART appearing on Speedvision, I don't
get it.
Thus I don't care.
Further, if CART will no longer appear on network TV, it's going another
step toward disappearing entirely. Maybe it will be another secret game
like autocrossing.

What the egocentric CART owners did was cut their own throat and it will be
Tony George who will win this battle because he owns the store:
Indianapolis.

It's a lesson all automotive competition series organizers should learn,
'cause if they don't they too will disappear.

--John Kelly