RE: Math and the lottery

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Math and the lottery
From: Giles Douglas <giles@vy.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:44:33 -0700 (PDT)
Back when I was in school and doing a math degree I had a friend who was
also doing math at Cambridge (thats ivy league equivalent in england). The
UK started the "national lottery" to fund charity and generally tax stupid
people. He used to pick numbers anyway, not win, and call me up and say "1
pound up" "2 pounds up" etc etc.

Then one weekend he calls up and says "6 million pounds down". He'd gone
and picked the right numbers....

Made us laugh anyway. The only winning move is truly not to play.

        Giles