My divisional picks revisited

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: My divisional picks revisited
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:20:13 -0700
Okay, I was crazy enough to try picking winners for this weekend's
Divisional.  So, let's see how I did...
> SS - Stacey Molleker
WRONG!!
How the hell was I supposed to know he'd switch classes?  At least I picked
the right car.

> SSL - Laura Molleker
Right.

> AS - Teresa Neidel
WRONG!!
Once again, I did pick the right car.  But the wrong driver.

> ASL - Annie Gill
Right.
Well, what can I say?  Her competition didn't show up.

> BS - MJ Dunlap
WRONG!!
Apparently, I had underestimated Ken Motonishi's driving ability.  Of course
his car did win Nationals a couple years ago, but it won't drive itself.

> CS - Jim Daniels (but I'll have the fastest Miata here ;)
WRONG!!
At least I was wrong on the winner.  I did indeed have the fastest Miata in
the field (and the fastest non-black CS car).

> CSL - Carol Leuty
WRONG!!
Tami Daniels was looking pretty awesome today on course.

> FS - Michael DeJesus
Right.

> GS - Derek Butts (I wouldn't bet against this guy if he was running this
> class in my wife's car)
Right.
The car might surprise a few folks, given that it has an automatic and is
quite a bit heavier than a Type R.  But cars don't win; drivers do.

> GSL - Katie Elder
Right.
Her only competitor moved to GS.

At this point, I should mention that I didn't pick anyone for ASP because
there was only one entrant displayed on the Divisional site.
Congratulations to Ralph Elder on winning the class.

> BSP - Guy Ankeny (with Ray Miller close behind) (hi, Ray! :)
WRONG!!
I was right about Ray Miller pulling a close second in this class, but it
was Vic Sias who won it.

> BSPL - Mary Ankeny
WRONG!!

> CSP - Rick Gould
WRONG!!
I didn't know Tom Ellam was gonna come out!

> DSP - Arie Villasol (where the heck is Ben?)
WRONG!!
Although I could have been right if Arie's car hadn't broken.  That's what
I'd like to believe, anyway.

> ESP - Ken Mitchell
Right.
Despite his responses that I had "cursed" him by picking him to win, he won
anyway.

> ESPL - Jeannine Breese (she does have that National Champion thing going
for
> her, y'know)
WRONG!!
Wasn't expecting her to change rides on Sunday...

> OSP - Tito Solis
Right.

> OSPL - Mary Borden (hate betting against a Miata driver, though)
WRONG!!
Serves me right for betting against a Miata...

> FSP - Sean Green
WRONG!!
There again, somebody showed up that I didn't see on the list...

> BP - Rick Brown (this one is really tough to call; all three of 'em are
> good)
WRONG!!
But like SS/SSL, I did go with the right car.

> CP - Frank Stagnaro
Right.

> DP - Chris Kannan
Right.

> EP - Dwayne Komush
WRONG!!
How was I supposed to know Arnold was entered?  He wasn't on the list!

> CM - Chuck Jarvie (I'm guessing on this one...)
WRONG!!
Picked the right car.  As I said above, I was guessing.

> DM - Karen Babb
WRONG!!
Right car, right last name, wrong first name.

> EM - Barry Spencer (if he gets the Europa running)
Right.

> SM - Corey Smith (definitely NOT that guy in the purple car!)
WRONG!!
Damn purple M3...

> STR - Barry Chafin
WRONG!!
I forgot how strong the Scoobies have been in this class.

> STS - Eric West
WRONG!!
Same story... someone I didn't see on the entry list.

> FJ - Christopher Spencer in the Briggs karts, Garrett Ankeny in the
> 2-strokers
Not sure what to say on this one.  Garrett Ankeny got bumped to F125 for
this event (and did a fine job of keeping Vernon in his sights, btw).  Nick
Myllenbeck ended up in a class of his own.  But as for the Briggs-powered
karts (FJ Spec, as SCCA calls them), I did pick the right guy.

Speaking of the junior karts, one thing I remember from Saturday is hearing
Cameron Kahangi ask his dad, "Can we go to Bremerton?"  Sounds like he's got
the sickness, just like the rest of us!

Later!
Scot Zediker, Deuce Reporter :-b