RE: Cheap Gas?

To: Nandaholz@aol.com, "INTERNET:mrclem@telocity.com"
Subject: RE: Cheap Gas?
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:39:09 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:mrclem@telocity.com

"
I understand where you're coming from. Some lady who was too busy to pay
attention to the road killed my brother about ten years ago. Over the past
15
years and too many miles to count I too have had my own share of
"incidents"."

As a teenager before I could have a driver's license, I rode my Schwinn
light-weight all over east Oakland, its Montclair district, and Piedmont.
(There's a virtually flat path into upper Piedmont! <G>).
        The recent news of Bob Wollek's death near Sebring as he rode his
bicycle to exercise, reminded me how I was hit from the rear going up Park
Blvd. into Montclair. The good news is the lady driver wasn't going as fast
as she could have been. The bad news is I was on the edge of the pavement
and so was she. I was thrown but not injured, fortunately, and the further
good news is she drove me to the bicycle shop and bought a new rear wheel
to replace the mangled remains.
        My point is: riding two-wheeled vehicles is not the safest way to
travel in the automobile world.
        That's probably why I never got interested in motorcycles.

--John Kelly