Today's Laguna event

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Today's Laguna event
From: "Navid Kahangi" <navidk@home.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:49:41 -0700
We had a great autox day at Laguna Seca today.  The weather was perfect
despite the fact that the weather goddess was not in attendance.  I don't
know the exact count yet, but we had well over 100 entries.  Everybody got 3
official runs and 3 fun runs.  We started a little after 9:30 and ended by
4:15.

I would like to thank all the people who made this event happen.  Ben for
driving the motor home back and fort and helping all day.  Charlie for
designing an awesome course in a small lot; it had a little bit of
everything.  The setup crew, the tear down crew, the registration crew.
Special thanks go to Gary and Jane Porter who showed up to help setup even
when they knew they were not going to run (bad tires).  Also, the usual cast
of characters volunteered to do multiple jobs when we were short of workers
(Peter Thana, Elbert Chin, Sean and Erin O'Boyle, Peter Mottaz, Durk
Edwards, Don Ebaugh, anybody else I forgot???).

But most of all, I would like to thanks my co-chairs.  Paul and Donna Barham
had never run an autox with SCCA before.  So, they jumped in with both feet
at the deep end by volunteering to co-chair this event.  Now, that's
courage!  Let me tell you, I couldn't have asked for better co-chairs.  I
look forward to seeing them at more SCCA events.  Great job!

--Navid