RE: SFR Election

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SFR Election
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:39:44 -0800
> 12 votes more for Rogers would have changed the direction of
> the region dramatically.
> 3754 people did not vote. And that's one of the key reasons
> SF Region has some of the problems it does.

I'm not clear on what the "key reason" you are referring to is.  Is the
problem you see that %75 of our well informed and active members didn't
choose to participate in the election?  Or that %75 of the members have no
idea what 'change in direction' Rogers was fighting for?  I got the ballet,
noted no supporting material included what so ever, didn't have time to go
digging through old copies of The Wheel to find position statements (were
there any?), and therefore tossed it out because I didn't want to dilute
studiously studied votes like your own with my uninformed one.

I say we file suit for a re-vote in all precincts, as the electorate was
deeply confused and therefore grossly apathetic.  ;-)

-Carl