Re: Vehicle eligibility...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vehicle eligibility...
From: William Davis <davisw@hermes.ssd.loral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:44:39 -0700
I though that it was interesting how that AC Propulsion electric car that
joined us at GGF had automatic steering built into the trailer.  It had
sensor(s) in the hitch connection and logic to counter steer the wheels to
prevent jack knifing (up to a certain speed ~10-15 mph).  The hitch to axle
length was only like 3 ft, so they felt they had to come up with
something...  It also takes out the trailer oscilations at higher forward
speeds...  Of course, it costs ~$20k! (including engine)

-Bill

--
Bill Davis