RE: GGF site?

To: Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GGF site?
From: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:05:48 -0700 (PDT)
--0-859484421-971409948=:27162

Drift racing is pretty much a style thing.  Although I have some friends who do
compete in drift racing where they time themselves.  Oh yeah, Ben Martinez can
drift race with the best!

In fact here is alink of Ben Martinez's famous run at De Anza.

http://acura.jynx.net/movies/capri_drifter.asf

http://www.geocities.com/scholzdave/main.html  - This site has some cool avi
video footage of drifter racing with multiple cars on course at the same time.

http://streetracing.tiora.net/japan/drift/drift1.htm

http://acura.jynx.net/movies/drifting.asf      - A really cool video of my
friends in Japan.

  Navid Kahangi <nkahangi@interwoven.com> wrote:
I don't get the whole concept of "drift racing". If you are drifting, you
must not be going against the clock. Do they compete for style points?
Maybe we can have one of these at GGF? :)

--Navid

> Greg Umbay writes...
>
> > I understand Japanese (got a BA in Japanese). This is a Prolong
> infomercial. Japanese >TV airs infomercials all the time. The place is
> Ebisu circuit. A nice place north of
> >Toko where many drift racing contests are held.
>
> This would explain Hiroo Sumida's driving style that he hadn't quite
> perfected. And you think _I_ spin. Shees. And that was in his own car.
>
> Katie

Street Touring -S

http://streettouring.homepage.com

---------------------------------
--0-859484421-971409948=:27162

<P>Drift racing is pretty much a style thing.&nbsp; Although I have some
friends who do compete in drift racing where they time themselves.&nbsp; Oh
yeah, Ben Martinez can drift race with the best!</P>
<P>In fact here is alink of Ben Martinez's famous run at De Anza.</P>
<P><A
href="http://acura.jynx.net/movies/capri_drifter.asf";>http://acura.jynx.net/movies/capri_drifter.asf</A></P>
<P><A
href="http://www.geocities.com/scholzdave/main.html";>http://www.geocities.com/scholzdave/main.html</A>&nbsp;
 - This site has some cool avi video footage of drifter racing with multiple
cars on course at the same time.</P>
<P><A
href="http://streetracing.tiora.net/japan/drift/drift1.htm";>http://streetracing.tiora.net/japan/drift/drift1.htm</A>
 </P>
<P><A
href="http://acura.jynx.net/movies/drifting.asf";>http://acura.jynx.net/movies/drifting.asf</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 - A really cool video of my friends in Japan.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><BR>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; <BR>
<P>&nbsp; <B><I>Navid Kahangi &lt;nkahangi@interwoven.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I don't get the whole concept of &quot;drift racing&quot;.
If you are drifting, you<BR>must not be going against the clock. Do they
compete for style points?<BR>Maybe we can have one of these at GGF?
:)<BR><BR>--Navid<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Greg Umbay writes...<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
&gt; I understand Japanese (got a BA in Japanese). This is a Prolong<BR>&gt;
infomercial. Japanese &gt;TV airs infomercials all the time. The place
is<BR>&gt; Ebisu circuit. A nice place north of<BR>&gt; &gt;Toko where many
drift racing contests are held.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; This would explain Hiroo
Sumida's driving style that he hadn't quite<BR>&gt; perfected. And you think
_I_ spin. Shees. And that was in his own car.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
 Touring -S</P>
Get <a href="http://mail.yahoo.com/";>Yahoo! Mail</a> - Free email you can
access from anywhere!
--0-859484421-971409948=:27162--