Re: Yet Another Question re: RX-7s, this time.

To: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Yet Another Question re: RX-7s, this time.
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:11:21 -0700
According to the Mazda Competition catalog, the water pump on the
3rd gen rotary engine starts cavitating around 6500 RPM. If that
is true, it shouldn't be a problem for acceleration runs that
only go above that range for a few seconds, but you wouldn't want
to do 20 laps like that.

Why not start with a new 3rd gen engine? Tri-point engineering
has the stuff you need to run higher RPM, fatter ignition, etc. I
believe Shauna and Ren had a Tri-Point prepared 3rd gen engine
and were getting something in the neighborhood of 400 hp out of
theirs. Maybe they can point you in the right direction.

--
Michael R. Clements
mrc01@flash.net