Re: anyone have an opinion about the new Lexus IS300

To: Derek Butts <pnc1@earthlink.net>, Nandaholz@aol.com
Subject: Re: anyone have an opinion about the new Lexus IS300
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
As an owner of a new 3 series I'm somewhat biased, but
in the metal the IS is a very dull car, it has the
road presence of a Nissan Altima. It's not a car that
you would say "WHAT WAS THAT?" about, in fact you
probably won't notice it at all. I spent nearly an
hour next to one (channel tunnel train carriage) at
Xmas and none of the party I was with (including the
yardstick for cool looking cars, an 11 year old boy)
was remotely interested.

I do like the chrono dish - but wonder how good it
will look 10 years from now.

Autocar magazine in the UK did a comparison test
between a 323Se and an IS200 last June or so (IIRC)
and favored the BMW's ride/handling dynamics. I
probably scanned this article for my archives - if
anyone's interested.

The IS range is as imporant as the MR-S, they keep BMW
and Mazda respectively on their toes.

Craig
(lots of opinions for somone that hasn't driven an IS)