Re: Tire size and car weight with DOT R tires ???

To: cobracrosser@jps.net, autox@autox.team.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire size and car weight with DOT R tires ???
From: Black94PGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:30:32 EST
In a message dated 00-02-03 01:44:39 EST, cobracrosser@jps.net writes:

<< Do you think that is too much tire for the weight of my car?  Should I run
the
 275 size in the back and step down to a 225, that is almost 2"'s narrower, or
 255's that are almost an inch narrower in the front.

an important goal for a race car is to set it up to "accept power". by that i
mean you want to be transmit as much of the engines power to the grounds as
possible.  in such a powerful, light car, rear traction is essential- you
should be generate wheel spin at will, and the kumhos work splendidly when
cold.  my car finished 1st in CSP last week on (corded) kumhos despite the
rain.

im no expert, but my guess would be that for autocross and kumhos and a
powerful car, wider IS better.

comments?

(hope to pick up the cobra saturday!)

-james creasy