Re: Origin of Chicago boxes

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Origin of Chicago boxes
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:24:57 -0600
On Dec 31, 2005, at 2:56 AM, Rocky Entriken wrote:

> They researched MGAs there?

No.  The MGA Research Center was built by American Motors as a
proving ground.  Burlington Wisconsin is not that far from Kenosha,
where their factory was.

I do not know when it was named MGA nor what MGA stands for.

In any case, the only part of this large facility I have driven is
the skid pad area, which is a rectangle big enough for a decent-size
autocross.  The autocross for the 2002 Lotus Owners Gathering was
there, with the assistance of the Salt Creek club.  I thought is was
a dandy place to autocross, but in more recent years some folks have
told me it eats tires.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.lotuseuropa.org/gallery/view_album.php?